Interim report January – June 2023
Press release: Uppsala, 24 August 2023. Senzime AB:s (publ) interim report for January – June 2023 is now available on the company's website www.senzime.com.
Financial information April – June 2023
- Net sales amounted to TSEK 8,462 (3,403), an increase of 149 percent. Sales of instruments/others were TSEK 4,072 (2,124), an increase of 92 percent. Sales of disposables were TSEK 4,390 (1,279) an increase of 243 percent.
- The gross margin excluding amortization was 70.0 percent (50.0).
- Operating expenses were TSEK 37,101 (40,035).
- EBITDA was TSEK -30,201 (-38,018).
- Profit (loss) after financial items was KSEK -35,264 (-40,886).
- Earnings per share were -0.42 SEK (-0.63).
- Cash and cash equivalents as of June 30, 2023, were TSEK 41,635 (126,495)
Financial information January – June 2023
- Net sales amounted to TSEK 15,750 (5,764), an increase of 173 percent Sales of instruments/others were TSEK 7,515 KSEK (3,881), an increase of 94 percent. Sales of disposables were KSEK 8,234 KSEK (1,883), an increase of 337 percent.
- The gross margin excluding amortization was 69.3 percent (54.6).
- Operating expenses were TSEK 69,479 (59,927)
- EBITDA was TSEK -56,661 (-56,168).
- Profit (loss) after financial items was TSEK -66,955 (-61,866).
- Earnings per share were -0.84 SEK (-0.96).
Extract from the CEO comment:
Quadrupled growth in sensor sales
It has been an eventful quarter for Senzime. We continue to report strong growth and net sales increased by 149 percent to SEK 8.5 million. Net sales during the first half of the year amounted to SEK 15.8 million, an increase of 173 percent.
Sales of disposable sensors have now more than quadrupled this year as compared to the same period last year, an important signal that the utilization of the TetraGraph systems in the market are gradually increasing. The gross margin before depreciation increased to 70 percent, compared to 50 percent the previous year. This is the result of product mix, licensing income and an efficient production process.
The important US business continues to develop well with sales this year more than three times higher than last year. We have a new commercial leadership in the US and are expanding the organization to meet demand. After the end of the quarter, we won another important deal in the US for 70 TetraGraph systems from a leading university hospital after an extensive competitive evaluation process. The deal reflects well the type of hospital deals we now encounter in the market.
This press release only contains parts of the full year-end release that is published on Senzime's website: www.senzime.com.