NextCell Pharma AB: NextCell publishes its Interim Report 1 2022/2023
NextCell Pharma AB (publ) (NXTCL or NextCell) publishes its Interim Report 1 for the period September 1, 2022 - November 30, 2022 The report is available on the company's website:
https://www.nextcellpharma.com/en/investors#financial-report. NextCells share is traded on Nasdaq First North Growth Market under the ticker "NXTCL". The amount in brackets refers to the corresponding period in the previous year.
First quarter (2022-09-01 until 2022-11-30)
● Operating income amounted to 3 012 (1 347) TSEK, of which Cellaviva counted for 2 137 (1 346) TSEK.
● Operating result amounted to -8 918 (-6 472) TSEK.
● Earnings per share* amounted to -0,26 (-0,19) SEK.
● Cash and bank amounted to 88 259 (133 464) TSEK.
● Solidity** amounted to 92,0 (94,1) %.
Earnings per share: Profit for the period divided by average number of shares. Average number of shares for the first quarter 2022/2023: 34,379,523 (34,379,523) shares. Number of shares in NextCell as of November 30, 2022: 34,379,523 (34,379,523) shares.
**Solidity: Own capital's share of the sheet total
Significant events in the first quarter
● NextCell announced in early September that the company's CEO Mathias Svahn gives a status update at Nordic Life Science days in Malmö, which is the Nordic region's largest partnering event in Life Science.
● In early October, the company published a debate article on particle in cell and gene therapy products with the International Society for Cell and Gene Therapy's Process Development, Manufacturing and Analytics Committee in the journal Cytotherapy.
● NextCell announced in mid-October that patients with type-1 diabetes that has undergone two treatments with a high dose of ProTrans cell therapy has maintained significantly higher endogenous insulin production than patients treated with low and medium dose.
● At the end of October, NextCell's CEO, Mathias Svahn, presented an update on the Company's achieved and ongoing clinical operations with the drug candidate ProTrans, which has been developed for type-1 diabetes, and other autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
Significant events after the reporting period
● NextCell announced in mid-December that the first two adolescents in the older age cohort (12-21 years) had undergone treatment in phase II part of the paediatric diabetes study.
● The company announced in mid-January that it had received positive comments and recommendations on the proposal for paediatric plan (PIP) previously submitted to the Paediatric Unit of the European Medicines Agency (PDCO)
● NextCell announced at the end of January that it is expanding the ProTrans study in COVID-19 to the treatment of severe pneumonia caused by influenza, RS and HMP viruses.
This disclosure contains information that NextCell Pharma AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation (EU nr 596/2014). The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person, on 26-01-2023 07:30 CET.