NextCell Pharma AB: NextCell publishes its Year-End Report 2021/2022
Fourth quarter (2022-06-01 until 2022-08-31)
● Operating income amounted to 1 405 (1 381) TSEK.
● Operating result amounted to -8 563 (-4 457) TSEK.
● Earnings per share* amounted to -0,25 (-0,13) SEK.
● Cash and bank amounted to 97 117 (139 167) TSEK.
● Solidity** amounted to 92,7 (96,4) %.
Twelve months (2021-09-01 till 2022-08-31)
● Operating income amounted to 6 229 (4 455) TSEK.
● Operating result amounted to -34 554 (-24 557) TSEK.
● Earnings per share* amounted to -1,01 (-0,81) SEK.
● The Board of Directors proposes that no dividend is to be paid of the financial year.
Earnings per share: Profit for the period divided by average number of shares. Average number of shares for the fourth quarter 2021/2022: 34,379,523 (34,379,523) shares. Average number of shares for the full year 2021/2022: 34,379,523 (30,411,847) shares. Number of shares in NextCell as of August 31, 2022: 34,379,523 (34,379,523) shares.
**Solidity: Own capital's share of the sheet total
Significant events in the fourth quarter
● NextCell announced early June that all six children in the first part of the study had been treated with ProTrans. Patients would be monitored during the summer after which the safety of treatment would be evaluated by an independent Data Safety and Monitoring Board.
● NextCell announced in end of August that the Japan Patent Office (JPO) has issued a notice of allowance relating to the patent entitled "Allogeneic Composition" (publication number JP2020543858A). The patent describes the method of manufacturing the drug candidate ProTrans, where the selection algorithm is key for selecting optimal cells and donors. Patent protection is valid until 2039.
Significant events after the reporting period
● NextCell announced in late September that CEO Mathias Svahn would provide a status update at the Nordic Life Science days in Malmö.
● NextCell announced in mid-October that ProTrans cell therapy provides treatment effect 3.5 years after treatment. Patients with type-1 diabetes undergoing two high-dose treatments of ProTrans cell therapy retain significantly higher endogenous insulin production than patients treated with low and medium dose.
● NextCell announced in mid-October that ProTrans cell therapy provides long-lasting therapeutic effect on type-1 diabetes after only one treatment. Patients treated 3 years ago with one dose of ProTrans in the placebo-controlled phase II study ProTrans-2 have maintained significantly higher endogenous insulin production than patients who received placebo, (63 percent vs. 23 percent). The 3-year results from the follow-up study (ProTrans-Obs) suggest that the treatment changes the course of the disease and that the effect persists over time.
● NextCell announced at the end of October that the Company's CEO, Mathias Svahn, will give a webcasted presentation of the latest published results.
This disclosure contains information that NextCell Pharma AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation (EU nr 596/2014). The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person, on 27-10-2022 07:30 CET.