Swedbank's Annual General Meeting 2023
At today's Annual General Meeting the meeting decided in accordance with the Board of Directors and the Nomination Committee's proposals.
The Annual General Meeting decided that there shall be eleven board members and to re-elect Göran Bengtsson, Annika Creutzer, Hans Eckerström, Kerstin Hermansson, Helena Liljedahl, Bengt Erik Lindgren, Anna Mossberg, Per Olof Nyman, Biljana Pehrsson, Göran Persson, and Biörn Riese. The Annual General Meeting elected Göran Persson as Chairman of the Board of Directors. PwC Sverige AB was elected as auditor for the period until the end of the 2024 Annual General Meeting. At the statutory Board meeting, Biörn Riese was appointed deputy Chairman of the Board of Directors.
FeesThe Annual General Meeting adopted the following fees:
- Chair of the Board of Directors SEK 3,080,000,
- Deputy Chair of the Board of Directors SEK 1,033,000,
- Other Board members SEK 709,000,
- Chair of the Board's Risk and Capital Committee SEK 501,000,
- Other members of the Board's Risk and Capital Committee SEK 291,000,
- Chair of the Board's Audit Committee SEK 460,000,
- Other members of the Board's Audit Committee SEK 279,000,
- Chair of the Board's Remuneration and Sustainability Committee SEK343,000,
- Other members of the Board's Remuneration and Sustainability Committee SEK205,000,
- Chair of the Board's Governance Committee SEK 460,000, and
- Other members of the Board's Governance Committee SEK 279,000.
Auditor's fee shall be payable by approved account.
Profit and loss account and balance sheet and decision on dividend
The Annual General Meeting decided to adopt the profit and loss account and balance sheet of the bank and the consolidated profit and loss account and consolidated balance sheet for the financial year 2022.
The Annual General Meeting decided that an ordinary dividend of SEK 9,75 per share shall be distributed to the shareholders. The record date for the dividend was set at 3 April 2023.
Other decisionsIn addition, the Annual General Meeting decided the following:
- The members of the Board of Directors, the deputy directors and the CEO were granted discharge of liabilities.
- Decision on Principles on how the Nomination Committee shall be appointed and Instruction for the Nomination Committee's work.
Decision on guidelines for remuneration to senior executives.
Decision to acquire own shares in accordance with the Securities Market Act.
- Decision regarding authorisation for the Board of Directors to decide on the acquisition of own shares in addition to acquisition in accordance with the Securities Market Act.
- Decision on authorisation for the Board of Directors to decide on the issuance of convertibles.
- Approval of performance and share-based remuneration programs for 2023 for the Swedbank Group - partly a general 2023 program and partly an individual 2023 program - as well as a decision regarding the transfer of ordinary shares etc. under the 2023 programs and programs adopted by previous Annual General Meetings.
- Approval of submitted remuneration report.
The Annual General Meeting decided to reject matters submitted by shareholders.
For further information please contact:
Annie Ho, Head of Investor Relations, tel: +46 70 343 78 15
Unni Jerndal, Senior Advisor, tel. +46 73 092 11 80
Swedbank empowers the many people and businesses to create a better future. Our vision is a financially sound and sustainable society. Swedbank Group is the leading bank with over 7 million retail customers and 550 000 corporate customers in our four home markets Sweden, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Swedbank Group is also present in other Nordic countries, the U.S. and China. Together we make your financial life easier. Find out more:www.swedbank.com