Tele2 AB: Tele2 Annual and Sustainability Report 2022
Stockholm - Tele2 AB ("Tele2") (Nasdaq Stockholm: TEL2 A and TEL2 B) today published its 2022 Annual and Sustainability Report. The report is available at www.tele2.com.
- Strong financial performance despite difficult external conditions. End-user service revenue grew by 3% and EBITDAaL by 3.4%, backed by strong performances in the Baltics and Sweden B2B, as well as continued efficiency benefits from the Business Transformation Program.
- Tele2's Swedish consumer operations signed a new partnership with Viaplay Group, strengthening the position as an aggregator in the streaming market.
- Tele2 also continued refinement of its consumer brand portfolio, which now provides services and offerings for all needs and budgets.
- Continued execution of the B2B strategy by being a trusted partner that focuses on solving customer problems and demonstrating opportunities.
- Intensified rollout of 5G network in all countries, which will enable us to deliver faster, more reliable, and secure services to our customers.
- In the Baltics, Tele2 continued to deliver impressive top-line and bottom-line growth.
- Completed the divestment of T-Mobile Netherlands. Proceeds from the sale were distributed to shareholders as an extra-ordinary dividend.
Comment from Kjell Johnsen, President and CEO, Tele2
- 2022 was a year of strong performance across Tele2 with a continued focus on growth based on value creation. Given the macro challenges in 2022, I am very impressed by the way our employees have adapted and solved problems without ever losing focus on our customers. Our 2022 performance gives me great confidence in the future and 2023 will see the continued execution of our strategy, putting us in a position to meet the new needs and demands of our customers and realize our ambition to be the leading telco in the Nordic and Baltic regions.Highlights from the 2022 Sustainability Report
- First company based in Sweden and the second telco globally to have its net-zero emissions target for 2035 approved by the Science-Based Targets initiative.
- Achieved an `A' rating from CDP for leadership in corporate transparency and performance on climate change. Tele2 was one of only 2% of nearly 15,000 companies globally to achieve an `A' rating.
- Launched a green and sustainability-linked financing framework and issued its first sustainability-linked bond. Tele2 also signed a sustainability-linked credit facility.
- First telco in the Nordics and Baltics to adopt a circular economy target for network equipment in its own operations.
- Renewed partnership with Reach for Change as well as continued partnerships with ECPAT and Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia's Foundation in order to ensure progress in our focus area "Protect children in a connected society".
- Products and services provided by Tele2 are estimated to have helped avoid the emission of more than 120,000 tonnes of CO2 equivalent in 2022.
For more information, please contact:
Fredrik Hallstan, Head of External Communications Phone: +46 761 15 38 30
Stefan Billing, Head of Investor Relations, Phone: +46701 66 33 10
This is information that Tele2 AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication at 08:30 CET on 4 April 2023.